A salmon casserole with eggs and potatoes. This salmon and potato casserole recipe makes a tasty brunch or dinner. Salmon’s nutrition makes it one of the most valuable foods you can store in your pantry. It’s very rich in Omega 3 fatty acids, that important nutrient that may help prevent heart disease and strokes. It’s high in protein and vitamin A, and the complex of B vitamins too. So get more salmon into your life with this wonderful product.
- 4 cups thinly sliced potatoes
- 8 oz can Salmon
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 2 cups liquid (salmon liquid plus milk)
- 2 tbsp prepared mustard
- 1 cup thin slices onion
- Heat oven to 175 degrees Celsius. Butter 6 cup casserole.
- Cook sliced potatoes in boiling salted water 10 minutes. Drain immediately.
- Drain salmon, saving liquid. Break salmon into bite-size pieces. Put liquid in cup and add enough milk to make the 2 cups liquid called for.
- Heat butter in medium saucepan. Add flour, salt, pepper and stir to blend. Remove from heat and add the 2 cups liquid stir to blend. Remove from heat and add the 2 cups liquid all at once. Stir to blend. Stir in mustard. Return to moderate heat and cook until boiling, thickened and smooth, stirring constantly. Turn heat to low and continue cooking and stirring 2 minutes longer.
- Put a layer of 1/4 of the potatoes in the prepared casserole. Top with 1/3 of the salmon, 1/3 of the onions and about 1/4 of the sauce. Repeat these layers twice more and end with a final layer of potatoes and sauce.
- Bake 45 minutes or until potatoes are tender and sauce is bubbling well.